Blogmas Day 2: Frugal Friday! Under $30 Make Up Look w/ No Brushes

Welcome to Day 2 of blogmas and the first Frugal Friday! This is an easy under $30 make up look. I didn't use any brushes other than a spongetip applicator, which actually works best for the eye look I have anyway... and I was super impressed with the way this turned out. There are some products better than others... but the eyes I definitely love and its totally something I would do again.

I'm also only using 7 products in this look... so if you're traveling during the holidays, these are things you could easily take with you and if you lose it or something... its not too expensive. I know if I was traveling and my luggage got lost I'd freak out if I had a ton of makeup in it because that could be like hundreds of dollars of makeup and even if you get it back... its still scary! So this its just $30, its less of a headache if it gets lost. 

First I started with my eyes. I primed with the Elf Smugepot in Brownie Points. I love these smudge pots. They're a little hard to work with though, I recommend being around a sink cause its easy to take a paper towel and remove the access. Then I took the Wet n Wild trio in the color Bohemian Wrap-sody... which is the best name ever... and I took the gold shade in the middle and put that in the center of my lid. This collection from Wet N Wild is SUPER sparkly and they don't have the really soft consistency of the regular Wet N Wild eyeshadows... but this is still really pigmented and quite beautiful. I love it and may buy more just because they go so well with these smudge pots! I used the white color on top for the inner corners. I put this on the browbone originally too... but it was just wayyyy too sparkly for the browbone. Makes a great inner corner highlight though. 

Then I went to my face. I sprayed with the Elf Mist and Set first to prime... at first I didn't wait for my face to dry and the BB Cream I used applied horribly... so then I sprayed, waited for it to dry a little bit and then went in with the Elf BB Cream. This I kind of go back and forth with if I love it or hate it... but its a decent BB Cream for $6. Then I went in with the Rimmel Stay Blushed Blush. I believe this is 2.97 at Wall Mart... I don't think this is easily available in the US, its only at select wall marts... but this isn't quite my favorite. I like the way it looks but it kind of clings to my dry patches a little. Not for long though... but it looks okay and it blends out pretty nicely and gives a pretty sheer color, but its still glow-y. Which I like cause I didn't put a highlight in here and I feel like this doesn't actually need a highlight with it. It might be better if I blended it with the Elf Small Stipple brush... which wouldn't have been crazy out of budget... but I thought this was okay. 

Then onto my lips, I used the Essence Longlasting lipstick in Wear Berries. I love these lipsticks. I need to try more from essence because I've loved everything I've tried from them so far and they're so affordable and really nice. 

And for Mascara, this is the most expensive item... but there are good mascaras that are cheaper and you can get mascara samples for free easily... plus you can coupon with this brand... its easy to get it cheaper. I am using the L'oreal Butterfly Intenza mascara. I think this is like 7.99 without coupons... maybe its 8.99... not sure. 

Prices 
Elf Smudge Pot- $3 
Wet N Wild Bohemian Wrap-sody Trio-$2.99 (I think...) 
Elf Mist and Set-$3 
Elf BB Cream- $6 
Rimmel Stay Blushed Blush- $2.97 (this is a cream/mousse blush... not sure if I mentioned that... lol.) 
Essence Longlasting Lipstick $2.99 
L'oreal Voluminous Butterfly Intenza- $7.99 (I think...) 

Total Price- $28.94!!! 

Things I might have added... that wouldn't break the bank 
So... just a few things I think would work well with this look. I might use the Elf HD Powder, which is $3 or $6... I forget. I feel like I look a little oily with this look and I love that powder. I also might throw in a better browbone highlight color that I could use for a highlight also. I have the Milani Bella Eyes in Bella Champagne, I was originally going to use this as the lid color, but I didn't love the way that looked on top of this smudge pot... maybe in the future I'll do that. I also know that there is a Wet n Wild single called Brûlée I think that is great as a browbone highlight and an under eye setting powder... and probably a nice matte highlight also. And as I mentioned... the Elf Small Stipple brush would be good for this look too. 

I could totally just leave the house rocking this look how it is now... it is a complete look, I'm really happy with the way it looks... but... yeah. My favorite part of this look is definitely the eyes! I'm really loving this combo... and I think its really nice and pretty! 

Hope you guys like this! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

P. S Another Random Tip... If you're just applying this in like the car or something before going to a holiday party... maybe bring a q-tip, a paper towel or like a makeup remover wipe handy. The Elf Smudgepot can get on the browbone and not look all that nice. This would be a good look to do in the car though... if I drove that's what I would do... in fact this might end up being my "grab and go" makeup bag for the season. Just cause you never know where you're going and this would work really easily to apply in the car! 

Comments