Review: Tarte Bling it On Blush Palette

Heyy guys! idk if this is available anymore... but I still wanted to do a review of this Tarte Holiday Blush Palette. You never know when they're going to restock things or not, and if you have been wanting this this year, they usually do a blush palette every year and they seem pretty consistent with their products and they will probably have one with a similar quality next year.

The Packaging 
The packaging is gorgeous. It looks like the dress I wore for my Junior Prom, which is this gorgeous Black sequin dress. This doesn't have sequin it just has glitters... the glitters do fall off... which is problematic for a face product lol. I've used it as a mirror to comb my brows through and I have gotten glitter on my face for that. I go in with a spooly just to grab it off, that wouldn't ruin any face makeup if you needed to do that.

It looks like a clutch! Lol. And it has the Tarte Logo on it... its just beautiful.

Shade Range 
You get a lot of really wearable colors in this. I haven't tried them just yet, I've played around a little bit and I put one on one cheek, one on the other... and they were pretty similar in color. And the colors aren't super unique. I do love all of the colors in this palette, the one called Prim in particular is the one everyone has been saying is really unique, and I agree it is a unique shade... but its just kind of a neutral blush... you can probably find it somewhere else. I don't mean to hate on this palette... this is just a first impression on the shade range and I wouldn't have bought the palette if I didn't like the shade range... but when all is said and done, with blushes they all pretty much do the same thing and you don't need to own a ton... so its not like an eye palette where they have so many options and different tones of eyeshadows... these are blushes. They all look unique and will go good with different looks... but idk. Blush I feel like is an essential step for me because I'm pale and I need color on my face, but they all work the same way. Lol.

Idk why I'm suddenly so down on this... okay here's what I'm thinking. In comparison to the Lorac Unzipped Cheek Palette, you get 4 very distinctly different shades of blush. 2 matte finishes, 2 glitters. All of those go with different looks and serve a different purpose. These are all neutral looks that are all distinctly different... but they're similar. Neutrals with a matte finish.

That being said, I think this would be a great gift because its something everyone will look good in. The colors will look good on light to medium skin tones and will probably work well for deep skin also. If someone that loves blush saw this, it would be awesome. Any makeup lover would love it, I totally love it and this was one thing I knew I wanted from the VIB Sale... but I did hesitate adding it to my list because of the reasons I just listed. Lol. That was a long reason. Again I LOVE Tarte blushes more than any other blush (except maybe the Lorac palette) and I do like all the shades in this and I'm sure I'll love the palette... everything seems consistent. But keeping it 100% I don't want to make anyone feel like they need to get this just because its limited edition. A blush is a blush is a blush, you can find similar ones for great qualities and priced similarly or lower in permanent blushes. If you miss out on this, it isn't the worst thing in the world.

Value 
That being said... the value seems reasonable for $44. The blushes are all probably great quality and the pan sizes are really big. I think something like this is probably a better value than something like the Too Faced Melted Kisses and Sweet Cheeks... for that I'd kind of rather just buy the full sizes cause I do love Too Faced and I think I'd run through the tiny sizes of the lip stuff quickly at least... and even probably the blushes. They're tiny. This even if I used the blushes every day... it'd take forever to hit pan! Its big.

Plus these are shades you could probably mix and customize. $44 seems a lot for blush, for me at least, if you can tell from above post lol... but for this size I think it makes sense.

Names 
Kind of random, but I appreciate the names of these blushes. They aren't anything highly sexual, so I feel like this would be a good gift for anyone because the blush names wouldn't be awkward or anything. If you were to buy your mom a blush palette... Nars might be a bit awkward lol. My mom doesn't where makeup, but I can imagine her seeing the names of Nars products and being like "Your blush is called what now???" Lol.

I always like mentioning this because I think I always mention the Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette as being a good palette for beginners, which it is... but it also has some sexier names and if you were giving it to a 13 year old, maybe you wouldn't want that.

The Actual Blushes Themselves 

Smashing 
This is one that looked pretty unique and very neutral in the pan, so this is what I tried first... and after saying none of these were unique I tried this one and it was super unique and really pretty and its kind of dark, but it will go with any look. I'm really impressed with it and I love it. This is what I posted in my First impression of the palette and I think its awesome. I love it!

Beaming 
This is a really light blush. It looks really pretty going on... I'm not sure if the lasting power is quite as good as the Smashing one. This has what looks like small glitters in it... but they look quite big in real life. I couldn't tell if my eyeshadow was falling out or if it was this blush because... i didn't know what the glitter was. Other than the glitter, it looks pretty natural and I think its one you could wear without using a highlight. So this is going to be a good quick run out the door blush I think!

Prim 
This is the color I've heard everyone talking about and for good reason... this is gorgeous! Its kind of a purpley neutral color. It looks really nice on the cheeks... it actually looks a lot like the blush in the Energy Noir Palette in the pan... but swatched the Energy Noir one actually looks more peach than the Prim one. This one lasted through me taking a shower too... so they definitely did not skim on the quality just to make a Holiday set with this. It is absolutely gorgeous. This blush kind of sold me on the palette just because its so pretty.

Fetching 
This is another really beautiful color. Its almost like a darker version of prim. It reminds me a little bit of Benefit's rockateur... but this doesn't have shimmer in it and I think rockateur is a little more pink. I really liked the way that this looked on me and... I just thought it was pretty. It lasted a really long time too. I was doing a lot today and I was a little bit sweaty... but this didn't budge! It was really really nice! I really loved the way that it looked on me!

Dollface 
This is the only blush in the set that is actually in their permanent line. Its also beautiful. I don't think its my favorite pinky blush... but I think I'll use this one a lot because I do love straight up pink blushes. I like Benefit's Dandelion and I use that a lot. I feel like this just goes with every look, and its easy to use. Blendable and really nice. I like this color a lot.

What Sold Me on it
I tend to go for blush palettes more than single blushes... Idk why that is, I just like the idea of having a selection and not buying a ton of blushes throughout the year. Plus its not like I ever use a whole blush up, and these are huge pans... so even though they aren't full sized... they're going to last quite a while. Plus I've always wanted one, but never wanted to spend $40 on a blush palette. I also love tarte blushes, I have a few blushes from other tarte palettes and one mini size and I just like them.

I also like that it has a permanent shade in it. I'm sure there's something in the regular line that is a dupe for these blushes also... but I like these.

Would I recommend this? 
Yes, it is great quality, you are getting a lot of blushes that you can use everyday... but if you don't want to spend $44 on some blushes, or you can't find this anywhere or it sells out cause we all know Sephora's website is kind of crap with their orders sometimes... don't go crazy. It isn't life changing or anything, its just blush.

If you want a blush palette, but maybe want one on the cheaper side... I HIGHLY recommend the Lorac Unzipped... I still think I favor the Unzipped over this one and it is $25 as opposed to $44. Plus Lorac has a ton of black friday deals... this may be something you want to check out.

Also, the Elf Blush Palette is amazing. Its really pigmented and you have to tap the colors off a little... but they're really really nice blushes for $8... and they do sales all the time... so yeah.

This doesn't exist yet... but if Sonia Kashuk were ever to release a blush palette... GRAB IT! I love the blushes in the Spice Market Palette, and I just think they would be good for a palette.

So yeah... this is good and its worth the hype, worth the price probably... but if its sold out, you can definitely find good or better alternatives.

Comments