First Impression/ Review/ Last Minute Gift Idea: Bareminerals Lovliest of Them All Set

So my mom surprised me with this lovely set from Bareminerals! She found it at Macy's, she asked  the people at the Beauty Counter what they recommended and they said this kit. It was originally $42 but I think it is on sale now...  so she got it for me and my sister... who I hope isn't reading this because she hasn't gotten hers yet... lol. So I thought this would be a good gift to give if you're still looking for someone... it does go with most complexions and its just a nice set in a lovely package that I think would be a good gift. I haven't tried anything from the kit yet... I'm gonna do that now and then let you know how it is... but its a great value and a gorgeous package... so yeah. Plus most of everything in this kit is full sized... I think it all is as a matter of fact... so yeah.

The Products 
First it comes with an eyeshadow duo in Novella which has a light champagne color and a pretty golden color. I have another eyeshadow duo from Bareminerals and these are really great for a quick look. Easy to blend and just great for a quick look.

And it comes with a full sized Lash Domination Mascara... I don't want to open this up just yet because I have a few mascaras open... but I'm sure this is good. Its full sized and it is a cruelty free mascara, which I always say to use over a cruel mascara. Lol. I just feel like mascaras that are not cruelty free bother me a little bit... and cruelty free mascaras never bother me... so theres gotta be something bad in them that isn't good. Lol. But this one probably won't have any problems since it is a cruelty free brand and thats just awesome that its a FULL SIZED Mascara in this kit!

It also comes with the Mineral Veil Powder, which I love! I was going to buy one of the jumbo sized ones, but I decided not to. I have this in another set...I think this is a full size... if not it will last you a few months I think. The design of this powder is really good for a loose powder also. It doesn't look too cakey or heavy on. Its translucent... but I feel like its makes your skin look a little better coverage wise. Its like a real life filter. Lol.

And a full sized Marvelous Moxie Gloss. These are great and this color is a really nice, rosy color. That goes well with...

The cream blush it comes with! Its called the Pop of passion blush balm. Its in the shade pomegranate. And this whole collection just has a very old school glamour type of look... so thats what I'm going to go for here with my demo type of look... I think thats so elegant and pretty for Christmas.

It also comes with a double sided brush. Its supposed to be for eyes and cheeks. I think of it as a concealer and under eye powder or just powder... its a pretty nice brush too! It feels a little scratchy, but I think its going to be pretty good. It is pretty fluffy still. I like it!

And the box... which is super pretty and totally re-usable. It has a mirror that you can stand up and there's a little key on it and it says prepare to enchant... its absolutely gorgeous and when things have a box that you can re-use for whatever... I think that's a great selling point. I really like it!

The Look/ Demo/ Failure... lol it 
So the best way to test these out is to just show you how I use them right... so even though its not Blogmas... I'm going to do a full look to just demo most of these products with a few other products.

So first I sprayed my face with the Pixi Glow Mist, then I primed with the Too Faced Hangover Rx Primer and then I mixed the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation with the Revlon Skinlights in Pink Light. For Concealer I used the Maybelline Better Skin. Then I put on the Pop of Passion blush in Pomegranate Passion from this set. I used my fingers at first, but it just wasn't pigmented enough so then I took an elf small stipple brush and applied it with that and it looks a little better. I feel like this isn't working that well for the way my skin looks right now. I was sick a few days ago and I break out in hives when I get sick... so this kind of blended to look a little better... but I think it'll look better when my skin looks better. I highlighted with the revlon skin lights in pink light also... and I definitely need to powder. With a lot of cream products... thats important.

Alright so while I did this... my foundation is looking a little cakey and breaking apart... its possibly because my skin is so dry and this is a pretty full coverage foundation... this powder usually works great, it works well with BB Creams but it might just be how my skin is... I think mixing the skin lights with this foundation didn't work because its a little gliterryier than I realized... so don't do that. Lol. This powder usually works well though...

I actually ended up doing my eye makeup... and then taking everything off because the face makeup was just not working at all today... so I still have tried all of these things and I know how they work...it wasn't the fault of any of these products... and the foundation I do like... but today it just made me look like that snapchat filter that makes you look old... so I took it off.

The eyeshadows were really nice. The gold wasn't too gold, it was just a small wash of gold really and it looked very pretty on and the other color in it was really nice, it made a nice highlight. These are easy to work with and would be great to travel with. If you're going away for christmas or something, you could totally just use one of these little duos, a matte palette (like the too faced) and a shimmer palette (like the lorac) and I think you'd be good.

The mirror was really nice because you could stand it up and it was very pretty... so not a total reason to buy the palette... but a reason why it would make a great gift.

The blush was nice, if you don't like cream blushes or know your friends don't like cream blushes... this wouldn't be for you. Idk how well it would work on oily skin... but I like the color. I think it'll be nice when my skin is better.

The powder I love. This is just a nice thing that Bareminerals tends to throw in a lot of their kits that is just nice to try. I would never splurge on a powder... but after trying this in another kit and getting it in this kit... it's something I'd repurchase. As long as you aren't having a totally bad skin day, it works and it is something everyone uses and it'll work for all skin types as long as you aren't completely dry.

I love their Marvelous Moxie Glosses. They're pigmented and they last a long time... if you know your friend doesn't like glosses though... maybe skip out on this. Just because a lot of people don't really like gloss now... it isn't as trendy as Liquid lipstick... I'm always going to be a gloss person, glosses go better with a lot of looks... but its personal preference.

And it comes with a full sized mascara... which I didn't try but it is a nice thing.

And the brush isn't totally useless. Especially if your friend is a beginner and doesn't have a lot of brushes.

Another thing I like about this set is that it can work for a lot of age groups. Bareminerals products look good on mature skin, but the colors and the gloss and things would be great for a teenager too... the packaging isn't too cutesy to make it something you couldn't give to like a mother or a mother in law or someone... and these colors really will work on anyone.

Overall great set, great value, would certainly make a great last minute gift... you could even split this up if you wanted to. I think it'd be cute to give one friend the Mascara and eyeshadow and another friend the gloss and blush...depending on your friends tastes, this would be really nice and they would probably appreciate it a lot.

So yeah. I'm really happy with this gift, and I think other people would love this gift as well. Its beautiful, the color selection is great... and the quality of the stuff isn't watered down just so it could be in this value set. These are all products in their regular line... the gloss and blush colors may be exclusive to this set... but if you fall in love with the stuff and finish it, I'm pretty sure you could repurchase it.

Hope you guys like this... even though the look didn't go as planned... but yeah. This is great!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments