Review/First Impression: Stila A Whole Lotta Love Set

So recently I won a $40 gift card from my mall and I decided to go to sephora, see if anything caught my eye and if it did I was going to buy it. I was thinking of getting the Holiday Set from Make Up Forever (I think its a holiday set... maybe its permanent!) and that was really pretty, but I don't think it had any mattes and I didn't think I could get a whole look from it. Then I was thinking the Buxum shadows, which are amazing, but I kind of wanted a holiday set instead cause I figured that would be a better deal. And when I was in New York I remembered being impressed by Stila's gift set... and I decided to swatch that again and it told me to take it home with me... so I did.

Now this comes with 20 eyeshadows, 4 blushes, and a mini size of the Huge Mascara. That's a lot! This would really make an awesome gift for someone just because it comes with so much stuff. The selection of shadows that are in this palette is also very unique. There's a good mix of different finishes in here. There are 8 mattes, so thats really nice. A lot of the colors in here look similar to the Lorac Pro 2 palette. If you have the Lorac Pro 2 I still think this is unique enough to use. There are lots more shades in this... I would probably reach for the Lorac palette over this... but that palette is one of my favorites and its going to be hard to beat that.

That being said... with the Lorac Pro 2 palette I like doing a quick look with like 3 eyeshadows. With this one, I would try use more shadows than that. This is one that you can really sit down with and come up with some amazing combinations and some really fun looks. When I did the look I did today... it took me a second because I didn't even know what I wanted to do, there's a lot of different choice... and as I've said, a lot of these colors are unique to any other palettes. It reminds me mostly of the Lorac Pro 2... but there are still some really unique and beautiful colors in this. There's a rose matte color in here that I just love! I have that in my crease right now. The look I did was Blogmas Day 1... and this is probably what I'm going to use for Thanksgiving... which already happened by the time you read this, but it hasn't happened for me yet! And there's just a lot of fun to be had with this palette.

The blushes are also nice and I love the colors and I'm happy to have them in this palette... but these don't really compare to the Lorac blushes in the Unzipped Cheek Palette or the Tarte blushes in the Bling it On palette... so that might be kind of why I don't love them. These are nice and if I hadn't just tried those 2 palettes I would probably love them a little more... but these are very similar colors to the Lorac palette and from the one time I've used these, I didn't like them as much.

The mascara I loved. I'm trying not to buy any mascaras that are not cruelty free because I have sensitive eyes and those mascaras tend to bother my eyes a little more... but I gave this mascara a try anyway... and I'm totally in love with it. This is one of my favorite mascaras ever... it makes me sad that I'm probably not going to buy it... lol. The wand is the same as the Too Faced Better Than Sex, this looks a little darker on me though and I thought it was a little better overall.

The shadows didn't last that long on my lids. I didn't use an actual primer, I used a cream shadow... which can sometimes not work super well for me. I'm sure it'll be fine with the Urban Decay Primer potion. I also took a nap while wearing this... so that made me have to retouch it... which can sometimes hurt the staying power of it also.

I'm glad I got this palette just for myself... but I feel like this would make a better gift for someone else than for yourself. Idk the packaging is just so cute that I think anyone that sees it will freak out and want to put it on their face. It is unique and good quality. There are tons of looks I think you can get from it... but I don't think this is something I'll be reaching for every day.

Also the packaging is gorgeous but its huge! Idk where to put it! I would like to use it to travel sometime... but its so massive I wouldn't know how to!

This is just a first impression... but you can tell a lot about gifting this to someone from a first impression. And I'd say yes. This is gift-able. It isn't my favorite palette... but its really good and I quite like it! I didn't want to do a full review because... thats going to take forever! Lol. But so far so good! I recommend!

Hope this was helpful! Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments