Blogmas Day 5:(Mostly) Cruelty Free Holiday Look w/ Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

Heyyy guys! This is actually the first Blogmas post I'm writing... weird right? Lol. I decided to use mostly cruelty free brands and brushes for this look... there were a few brushes that were not cruelty free that I used and my concealer and mascara are not cruelty free... which is a little Ironic. I always prefer cruelty free mascaras because they hurt my eyes less. So this is a little ironic, but I'll recommend some good ones, cause I prefer those to this particular mascara anyway.

Face 
I used the Too Faced Hangover Rx Primer to prime. I love this! It smells like coconuts and just works really well. Then I dotted on the Too Faced Born This Way foundation on my face and blended it in with some Tarte face brushes. This was the first time I was using these brushes, so I used the Airbrush Brush on one side of my face and the complexion brush, which is a stipple brush on the other side. Then I used my Elf Contour Palette and took the Tarte Concealer brush (these are all from the Stroke of Midnight Set) and I used that to get a really chiseled contour. This was a little harder to blend on the forehead and stuff... but I liked it anyway! I then took the bronzer from the palette and I used that to warm up my face. Elf brushes are great for this... I used the Up and Up blush brush, just because that was on hand. I used the Tarte Blush in Dollface as my blush and Becca's Rose Gold Highlight on my cheeks.

For concealer I used Maybelline's superstay better skin... not cruelty free, but I am picky with concealers and this works for me... so yeah. I would have skipped the concealer, but I had some fallout after my eyeshadow... so full disclosure I just didn't want to skip it.

I think I used the Pixi Glow Mist also... and I may use the Elf HD Powder too.


so excited for blogmas... lol. 

Eyes 
I primed with the Ulta Cream Shadow in Rose Gold and then went in with Buzz from the Naked 3 palette. I love this color, I may have done this look before somewhere on here... but there are only so many looks you can do lol. On the outer corner I used Mugshot and then in the crease I used Nooner. I then took the color Trick, which is a true gold color and I put that in the center of the lid... and I highlighted with Strange.

For Mascara... I used L'oreal's Butterfly Intenza... which is not cruelty free and I don't like as much as any cruelty free mascara I've tried. I have the Tarte Mascara... not sure where it is. I would recommend that, Too Faced Better than sex, my holy grail is actually from Ulta and its their Amped Lashes mascara... that's my fave. Physician's Formula has a good one too. I would definitely recommend a cruelty free mascara because I just feel like they're better. I've heard some nasty things go into mascaras that are not cruelty free... so that's one thing I am more comfortable using a cruelty free brand and I would recommend a cruelty free brand over.

Lips 
For lips I used Colourpop's Lippie Stick in Lumiere with Too Faced's lip Insurance primer.

So that is everything! I think this look isn't too over the top to wear everyday... like I'm doing now... but Rose Gold is a good holiday-type color. You could definitely wear this just too work, or to a Christmas Party or something. Its a good look. And I wanted to include some drugstore and high end brands... even though I didn't use a ton of drugstore brands... Lol. I mostly wanted to use the Naked 3 which I haven't used in a while, and the same with the Elf Contour Palette. I love the elf palette. Elf is really great... maybe I'll do a cruelty free matte look with their mad for matte palette... hmmm.

Alrighty! That is everything! Hope you guys like this and are liking this blogmas!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments